Game Fishing: Top 5 Reasons You Should Take Up This Sport
You may have gone fishing at some point in your life. Be it luring fish in a pond, a fishing or picnic spree by the lake. For all you know you have already at one point or another gone fishing at your friend’s house, with that beautiful tank full of colorful fishes, you could just not resist the temptation of luring them with a stick or with your fingers even. Fishing has come a long way since its origin in the early days when it was once a way of life, and for some their source of food. Potential was seen in the activity and many have re-invented fishing now, making it one of the most favorite sport and recreational activity. Game fishing is a sport that stems out from the main streamline of fishing and by far bears the most similarities to the purpose of fishing back in the olden days. Fish are lured for a number of reasons besides the sport and recreational aspects. Whether marine or freshwater fish they are edible, but with the recent decline in fish species, anglers support the catch and release principle to help fish populations recover and multiply in number. A very interesting sport, game fishing is by far one of the most fascinating water sports that is loved and taken on by fishing enthusiasts. Here are some of the reasons why they do and why you will enjoy game fishing yourself.
1. An old sport, a new skill https://expressfishings.com/. Game fishing is entirely different form of fishing; it takes learned skill to land your first catch successfully and safely. Learning more than just throw a line and bob it to attract fish, game fishing involves learning about luring which involves the kinds of bait that can effectively be used to fish, trolling, chumming/chunking, and of course the main event, battling the fish. Hooking the fish on your line does not end your fishing adventure, it signals the start of adrenalin pumping action. This is basically where the skills you learn will be applied. Reeling and the proper and safe way to do it will be taught to you as one of the most important skills of the sport. Knowing when to let the line escape and when to pull it is significant to catching what you have on the end of your line. Hauling is also another skill set that you will learn. This is the part when you need to skillfully bring in your catch which is very much still alive. Gaffing is used on the bigger game fish and for smaller ones nets are utilized to haul a catch onto the boat.
2. It’s a great way to make new friends and new memories. You get to make new fishing buddies who can teach you the ropes and help you enhance your fishing skills. Memories are abundant in the sport of fishing, your first catch; your first reel and your first fish battle are all significant as you take on this rewarding sport.
3. Help sustain underwater wildlife. Game fishing is not only about catching big fish and enjoying it as a meal or a wall mount. The sport has also taken on the endeavor of preserving sea life for generations to come. The Gamefish Tagging program (GTP) has been working with game fishing clubs acquiring their help to gather research data which is invaluable to the ongoing movement from the extinction of certain fish species. Fish tagging has become a tournament as it recognizes fish game clubs and individuals who tag the most number of fish during their activity.
4. Of personal achievement and human triumph. As game fishing is a sport that involves learning skills you never intended to take a course on, managing to perform such an activity is an achievement on its own. Catching your first big one and successfully reeling and hauling it in is something that you would surely celebrate for the next few days until the next game fishing adventure.
5. It’s a great weekend getaway. Escape to the water and discover where the real action is. It starts off as a scenic ride to deeper waters, a relaxing wait, the battle, and then the triumph. It’s like a movie with you as the lead actor.